Cryotherapy can be a little intimidating when you think about it. Most people just think of it as being cold and uncomfortable. Beyond that, they aren’t quite sure what you do or what happens.
Thinking of going for your first Cryotherapy Session? Read below so you know what to expect.
1. Once you have checked in with our front desk, you will be asked to fill out a form where you will need to answer some health questions. These questions help us to make sure you are receiving the upmost care during your visit.
2. After you have completed your form, one of our staff will give you a tour of the facility, so you can see all the “cool” treatments, no pun intended, available to you.
3. Then our staff member will escort you to our changing area, where you will go into your own private dressing room. While in there, you will be asked to remove your clothing down to your underwear. (You can undress down to whatever you comfort level maybe, clothing restricts certain parts of the body from receiving the full value of a cryotherapy session.) Once you have undressed, you will be required to put on a pair of our fuzzy socks, slippers, mittens, and a robe.
4. Once you are in our comfy loungewear, you will be taken to the Cryo Chamber. You will step inside with the assistance of our staff member. They will ask for your robe ONLY. Your mittens and socks must stay on your body during the treatment.
5. You can remove your robe and slip it out through the doorway. The Cryo Chamber will then be closed. The staff member will put a guard around your neck to close in the chamber and keep the cold air inside away from your face. (At this point, the machine is not on and there shouldn’t be any cold air except from the regular central air in our facility, along with some fans.) Now your session will be ready to begin.
6. The staff member will be there the duration of your session. They will set your time, which is 3 minutes or less. If at any time you feel you want to stop or get out, they are there to turn off the machine and help you out of the Cryo Chamber.
7. When your Cyrotherapy session is complete, you will be asked to put our cozy robe back on and step out of the chamber.
8. You will then walk a few feet to our vibration plate and step up on the plate. This machine is there to help wake your body back up after being in the cold. This will only last for 1-2 minutes.
9. After you have finished on the vibration plate, you can then move on to your next treatment or return to the dressing room and redress.
10. You are done! Your first Cryotherapy session is complete and you are on your way to a happier, healthier body! Be sure to come back and see us regularly to maintain the benefits you just received. Also tell your friends about how they can improve their body with Cryotherapy!
We hope to see you soon!